Saturday, November 8, 2008

Houston, We Have a Fridge

Yes, we have a fridge. I bit the bullet, and finally decided to go to Sears after seeing they were having a 10% off plus 15% off if you use your Sears card plus no interest, no payments for 12 months sale that ended today. We need a fridge, and it would be much easier to pay off a fridge come tax time than to pay it off right now. Plus, we already had a Sears card, so we wouldn't have to apply for anything new.

I know that you're not technically supposed to make any big purchases while you're buying a house, but I'm thinking that since we already signed the paperwork (i.e. underwriting is already done), we're probably okay. AND, it was only $767 for a side-by-side with water and ice in the door. Not too shabby, even if it IS white and will clash with the other appliances. Oh well.

So, I really doubt that we'll lose the house because we bought a $700 fridge. The bank didn't seem to care that I had a $2000 balance with 76 that wasn't mine to begin with on my credit report, so it should be all good. See, I've always had AWESOME credit, and never really knew why. When we bought our house, I figured it out--it said that I had an account that had been in good standing since 1988. Keep in mind, I would have been 2 when I opened that account. At first, I was VERY confused as to what it could be. After doing some research, I remembered that when we were growing up, my parents had given us all a gas card from 76 to pay for gas as long as we were in school and playing sports. When I turned 18, we cut up my card, but my dad forgot to actually take me off the account. So, when I turned 18, I became considered a "co-owner" of the account. Consequently receiving all the benefits of my lovely parents that have paid their bill on time since 1988. Yaya.

Lastly, I have discovered that I LOVE "Berried Treasure" sorbet from Ben & Jerry's. LOVE. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.