Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Saturday!

Well, I'm sitting here at church (again) with a candy cane mocha in my hand, and I must say that life is good. I went to the beauty school for a fantastic $9 haircut this morning--they always do such a good job. My only complaint is that I never like how they style it, so I always just end up going home and doing it over myself. But I tend to do that at even the fanciest salons.

Anyway, I got a haircut, headed home to watch Top Design 2 and Project Runway (thanks youtube!), and now I'm at church waiting for Justin to finish installing new lights. Then, we're heading off to see Kait of My Crazy Unpredictable Life and her NEW CAR! So exciting!

After that, we'll be heading over for a Ryan/Shelby October birthday dinner. I'm definitely looking forward to a day of relaxation! Sunday, I may be shooting Kelsey's senior pictures, and I have to confess that I'm a little nervous. This is one of those situations where I REALLY wish that I had a kickbutt DSLR camera. Lately I just haven't been digging the way that the film ones look once they are scanned in and edited. I haven't decided whether or not to shoot digital (non-SLR) or film. I may just do a bit of both. I am seriously hoping that we might be able to devote some of our tax return to getting me a kick butt camera!

Still no word about the house. Apparently, the bank decided to make everyone wait until Monday. It's okay for them to not deliver on the date they say they will, but I bet they wouldn't be so understanding if our earnest money weren't deposited in time!

2 comments:

  1. Mere! I am so glad I got to see you today and you got to see my new car :) Thanks for being such fantastic friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lars and I were just talking about how we wanted to wish for a kick butt camera for Christmas...I so want one. Every time I see someone who has taken some really awesome pictures I am always wondering if it is because they have a good eye or if because their camera rocks. Usually I think it is the latter haha, or at least a combination of the two. I can only imagine what you could do with a 'kick butt' camera. And let's be honest, spending money on a new camera is so much more practical than a house. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.