Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good Day.

Why is it that the foods that are the absolute tastiest rarely LOOK good. And even less frequently do they photograph well? For example, this BBQ pulled pork that I made in the crock today doesn't exactly look appetizing, but it tasted like heaven, and I don't even like pork. It was one of the things that made today a GOOD day.

(Pulled Pork almost ALWAYS contributes to a good day...we LOVE us some BBQ!)
Another thing that contributed was being out of the office almost all day long! For once, I actually got to see outdoors during business hours, and appreciate the beautiful fall. The church that I grew up at has a women's circle that meets on Tuesdays. In November, they allocate all their charitable giving for the next fiscal year, so they asked me to come speak about the agency that I work for and our needs. I wish I could discuss the agency on the blog, because it's a national agency that really deserves a lot of prayers and support. However, if I've learned anything from Dooce, it's that you probably shouldn't talk about your place of employment on your blog. Anyway, I got to go speak to them in my hometown today, which is about a 1/2 hour drive. The ladies were such a treat, and it was great to break up the day. I really wanted to stay for the whole Bible Study, but felt like I should probably head back to the office.

On the way home, I took part of my lunch break, and stopped by a FANTASTIC used book store in my hometown. I came prepared with an armful of books to cash in, but was pleasantly surprised to learn that I already had about $20 in credit there! I added another $17 with the books that I brought in, and walked out with 3 books and about $19 left in credit. I got the following:
- Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
-A Good and Happy Child by Justin Evans
- Abide With Me by Elizabeth Strout.

How funny...I just noticed that all the books start with "A".

I used the rest of my lunch break to stop at the little bitty Wal-Mart by my parent's house, which is infinitely superior to the ginormous Wal-Mart by where we live. First, it's never as crowded. Second, they have much better clothing, and there's nothing that I love more than your basic cheap cami or t-shirt. However, in an attempt to follow my new rule of trying on clothing before I bought it, I tried on a pair of jeans. Wal-Mart jeans now come in "super long", and for $15, I bought a pair. I think I like them. We'll see how they hold up at the football game on Friday!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.