Sunday, September 21, 2008

Good Food, Good Fun

So yesterday, I attempted to make bread for the first time ever! I followed the recipe for Cheesy Beer Bread from the fantastic blog Good Things Catered. I have to say that not being experienced at making bread (and not being too careful about measurements), I sort of expected it not to rise, but it puffed right up, and was pretty fantastic. Justin had never heard of beer bread before (neither had Ryan and Renee), but they all seemed to like it. Justin especially liked it once he had a few beers in him!

Other than that, Renee and I hung out while the boys worked, then we all met up and had some pretty fantastic BBQ for dinner. It was a good day spent with some great friends (who also happen to be family!).

Today, I'm about to head to Wal-Mart to find some fabric. I have a plan to re-do some bar stools that we inherited for my parents. I'll be sure to post pictures once they're all done!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! Glad everyone liked it. I love beer bread b/c it can be thrown together so easily and looks like you spent a while on it. :) I can't wait to see the barstools!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.